Wednesday 3 September 2014

Aspect to Aspect

As part of an experiment I tried the aspect to aspect technique which would allow me to further experiment with different mediums and techniques. As my comic would be a autobiographical comic I decided to use images which could reflect a personal story line, e.g. travelling to the different places which can be found within this experiment.


To start the aspect to aspect I began by creating a simple outline with a fine liner of each of the photographs. This would act as the first layer when combining the different layers within Photoshop. 


This shows the second version of the aspect to aspect which involves creating another outline, however this time it is more detailed especially in terms of line work. This would act as the second layer in Photoshop which will overlay the first version.



This is the third and final outline of the aspect to aspect and due to the amount of detail I decided to use a sharpie rather than a fine liner. This was less time consuming and allowed me to add the right amount of tones compared to using a fine liner. 







This shows all the layers have been combined together within Photoshop by multiplying the layers so that each layer is still visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment