Tuesday 3 February 2015

Comic Cover - Photoshop and Drafted


This shows the original painting before any additional elements have been added to the painting such as the title and the author.


After comparing the two designs (front and back) by creating a mock up of these, I decided to use on design for the whole spread rather two. I felt that the two designs were good however after combining these within photoshop I didn't feel that they worked well as a front and back cover. Therefore I decided to use the field drawing painting rather than the mountain painting for the cover spread. The reason being is that the comic contains two panels which are very similar to the design, one being almost identical. Therefore I felt that this would work better, as well as this I felt that the colour scheme worked better compared to the mountain painting.


This is the final layout for the cover of the comic. This shows that the positioning of the text has been further drafted as the positioning of these has changed from being situated to the left to now being located within the middle of the comic. The typeface for the author has also changed, as I felt this should contrast the title of the comic therefore I changed the typeface and reduced the size of the typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment